Once more I've found myself working on an embarrassingly large number of things....these were simply the two I touched last.
The socks are my simple vanilla sock (with a 64 st cast on) using some partial balls from the stash of leftovers. I think I have enough if I do the heel and toe in the same dark yarn that started the ribbing. If not? I haven't worked out a Plan B yet. (I'm not sure there IS a plan B....it'll work. I'm sure....I think.)
I was helping out the Friends of the Library sort donations for the book sale. It's a filthy dirty job but someone's got to do it, right? And we get first dibs on anything we see. I've been doing this weekly for a couple months; yesterday when I came home, hubby commented...only ONE book? (well, there were two, but I admitted to the one.) Who could pass up an oldie but goodie classic like Death on the Nile....especially since I've never read it. It really IS classic Poirot.
The second pile of knitting is the New Concetta which has moved on to the sleeves. It fits great, so I'm really motivated to finish it. If you look closely, you can see that there are two skeins of yarn going at the same time. This was my very-much-on-the-cheap-walk-the-dog sweater (I have used Paton's Classic Wool several other times and it wears like a work horse, doesn't pill, is very warm ) but there weren't enough skeins in the same dye lot. I bought what was there. I'm switching between the two dye lots every two rows and you simply can't tell at all....there is the very slightest tweedy inconsistency in the twist to hide the very slightest inconsistency in dye lots. It's working beautifully.
joining with Ginny for yarnalong.